Thursday, May 24, 2007

Trip to the Mountains

Here are the pictures from our recent camping trip to the Wichita Mountains in Southern OK. It is so beautiful there. We really enjoyed the time away.





The wildflowers were blooming and gorgeous:



And there was some great wildlife. We saw all kinds of stuff.
We don't have many lizards like this around here, we usually just see the tiny skinny ones.
We did see (kind of, it was at night at the campground) a tarantula.



This rattlesnake was sunning on a rock almost right on the trail. He was extremely docile, didn't even rattle. So cool! I haven't seen one outside of the zoo before.

It was a great trip. They have Longhorns, Buffalo, a little Prarie Dog town (those things freak me out, they carry Monkey Pox you know) and lots of deer.

It was so great to get away and spend time in nature.

3 Comments:

Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Looks like you had a great time. The pictures are so pretty. I bet it was even better being there. I can't seem to ever capture the beauty of nature on film.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Yasmin said...

Beautiful pictures. Have a great time . And watch out for the wild life!
You are tagged - check out my blog!

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! Well, except for the wild life. I'm sure I'd be freaking over that snake.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home