Thursday, May 24, 2007

Yes, There is Knitting

Just a little bit though...

After organizing all my yarn and realizing I own more acrylic yarn that one girl should ever have, I embarked on a stash busting mission. The random stripy blanket.



Not my best work ever but I'm getting rid of a lot of stash. And it's kinda growing on me.

And I've been trying my hand at lace but not having the greatest results.
It's the Lace Leaf Shawl from Fiber Trends (love this pattern!).



Bad picture, the yarn is a deep cranberry.

I think I just need to rip it out and start over with a bigger needle. I can't hardly see the lace pattern at all. I don't do much lace work but I'm assuming you should be able to see the holes a little bit before blocking?

Have a trip coming up this weekend and I really hope to get some knitting time in.

Haven't had much time lately what with all the drama at work and all. It's not getting much better and I'm about to give up. I'm in this field to help people and make a difference and I refuse to have to fight a coworker to do so. End of soapbox. Everyone in authority knows how I feel so it will resolve soon one way or the other.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Love the blanket!!!

Your shawl looks fine to me. I have never done lace myself, but everone that I have ever seen do lace theirs looks really similar to what you are getting. I would suggest blocking what you have there and see what it looks like before ripping it all back.

I hope that work will be better for you soon.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home